Maintenance or servicing concepts describe how often maintenance work should be carried out to ensure that all systems and components are in perfect condition and function fault-free.
A distinction is made between three maintenance concepts:
- Interval-based maintenance: maintenance after a defined time interval
- Condition-based maintenance: (preventive maintenance) Maintenance based on monitoring the technical condition
- Malfunction-related maintenance: Repair after malfunction/failure
It is important that maintenance concepts are carefully planned and implemented. This includes the definition of maintenance intervals, the monitoring of maintenance tasks and the documentation of maintenance work carried out.
A comprehensive maintenance concept offers many advantages:
- Extension of the operating time
- Increasing efficiency
- Reduction of unplanned downtime
- Reduction in operating costs